Over the next three years, the Cathedral + Treasury Precinct will undergo a period of significant transformation which will include the following key works:
- The 135 year old, heritage listed Treasury Buildings on the corner of St Georges Terrace and Barrack Street will be restored into an exciting mix of hotel, hospitality and retail uses;
- A new, 33 level office tower will be constructed between the Treasury Buildings and the Perth Town Hall;
- The Law Chambers will be demolished and a new City of Perth library will be constructed next to the Perth Town Hall fronting Hay Street;
- The office building at 565 Hay Street between the new City of Perth Library and the Public Trustee building will be refurbished;
- The Public Trustee building on the corner of Hay and Pier Street has already undergone minor structural changes and an internal upgrade;
- The public plaza in the centre of the Precinct behind St Georges Cathedral will be upgraded;
- The Playhouse Theatre on Pier Street will be replaced with new buildings aligned with St George’s Cathedral.
Hover over the masterplan and click on the highlighted area to read a more detailed description of the proposed works.